COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When placing an order, signing up to receive notifications, making a payment or communicating with quillandtine.com (including feedback provided to us), we will collect personal information about you. The collection of certain information is required to be able to provide some services; other information is optional and will enable you to derive more benefit from the website.
Some of the information collected will be of a personal nature. However, you may visit the Website without disclosing your personal information.
Personal information that we collect includes:
- Information you provide when filling out forms on the Website such as your name, telephone number, address, and email address.
- Information of a personal nature you may provide when contacting us.
- Personal information linked to any transaction conducted through the Website.
- Password and payment details.
You also understand and agree that if you decide to purchase merchandise through the website, we may perform a credit check and disclose information to third parties for the sole purpose of confirming certain information concerning your identity and the validity of your payment and authorize the transaction.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information collected will be used by Quill & Tine to provide you with a better shopping experience, manage your account, send you information on our services, offer you new features or new services, and facilitate customer service.
Personal information provided to us will be confidential and will not be sold or traded. It could however be disclosed in certain circumstances such as:
- If required by law or for fraud or credit risk protection.
- To our service providers that facilitate our services, provide any or all part of the services of quillandtine.com or help us improve the services (for example, data processing, data storage, software development, web analytics and maintenance service providers). You acknowledge that our service providers may be located in jurisdictions, which have a different level data protection than in your home jurisdiction.
- To accounting and audit firms, payment processors, and shipping companies.
- To prospective and actual sellers or buyers of whole or part of Quill & Tine’s business or assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Anonymous statistics, aggregated non-personal data or tracing of interaction may, however, be disclosed to outside partners.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Quill & Tine may set and access certain cookies on your computer for reasons such as:
- To facilitate signing in to your account.
- To keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the Website.
- To provide general internal and user analytics.
- To conduct research to improve the content of the Website.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities
If you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain parts or the entirety of our Quill & Tine’s Website.
Upon registering your email with us, we will send you emails from time to time. However, you will also have the option to opt-out from receiving emails from us. To opt out, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quill & Tine considers the protection of your personal and sensitive information very seriously. Credit card numbers, passwords, personal information etc. are encrypted using the SSL (secure sockets layer) technology. This technology uses a unique IP address to preclude sensitive data from being decrypted outside quillandtine.com. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents.
EDITING OR CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You should advise us if you believe that personal information you provided is inaccurate. You have the right (i) to ask for your personal information to be corrected or updated and (ii) to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com. As a result, you may not be able to use certain parts or the entirety of Quill & Tine’s Website.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY